KEPCO leads environmentally-friendly management with expansion and maintenance of ISO 14001.
ISO 14001 certificate
ISO 14001 is a certificate issued by a third-party certifying agency based on objective evaluation of whether an organization’s environment management system satisfies international standard on environment management system established by International Organization for Standardization to support series of business activities aimed at continuously improving environmental performances. Acquisition of ISO 14001 means that KEPCO’s activities, including complying with environmental regulations, monitoring environmental performances and reducing environmental pollution under its environment management system, satisfy the basic conditions set forth under the international standard, and are carried out in an appropriate and efficient manner as confirmed by the objective evaluation by Korea Knowledge Standards Registrar, the public certifying agency. KEPCO acquired ISO 14001 on a company-wide basis in 2008.
- Certificate standard : ISO 14001:2015 / KS I ISO 14001:2015
- Coverage : 1. Construction, operation, sales and all types of relevant work of korean and international power business(power generation, transmission & transformation and distribution)
2. Development and management of operation for overseas nuclear project
- Certification period : 22-Oct-2019 ~ 22-Oct-2022
- Certifying agency: Korea Knowledge Standards Registrar